Sunday, September 17, 2006

Syntrax Nectar Naturals Whey Protein

Syntrax Nectar Naturals, 2.13 Lbs.Syntrax makes some of the greatest tasting whey protein available today. Their protein is a little expensive but well worth it. This review is about the Nectar Naturals whey protein product line from Syntrax. This stuff is 100% natural and offers some of the highest quality whey protein isolate ever developed.

I contacted a Syntrax rep on the bodybuilding.com forums, username si03, and told him that I wanted to try the Nectars Naturals, but didn't want to spend $30 per flavor to do so. He was kind enough to send me 2 servings of each to try out. I was leery of fruit flavored proteins since the Optimum Natural Strawberry was so bad. I am glad that I got these samples though! Nectar is some amazing stuff.

Sucralose is one of the most common artificial sweeteners that vendors use, and though it tastes okay, I have yet to see any long term studies on its health impacts. As such, I wanted to try a 100% natural protein. Syntrax got my attention, because the reviews of the other Nectar products have been so good, because they are the only natural WPI with low cholesterol per serving, and because it contains no carbs.

Nectar Naturals have no artificial ingredients and are sweetened with Stevia. Furthermore, they are a very high quality WPI (from reading the label of the jug it looks to be a cold filtered protein) that's not denatured. The amino, vitamin, and mineral profile is also excellent.

Tealicious was good, but I didn’t like it nearly as much as Natural Peach. My bias is that I am a big time tea drinker and insist on fresh brewed tea. I don’t like bottled teas or instant teas. Tealicious, while great for a premade tea, simply wasn't my bag. I gave the second sample to my brother and he loved it. If you like bottled tea or instant tea, then you will definitely like Tealicious.

Natural Peach is some awesome stuff! It's not like drinking a protein shake, but rather like sipping on a sweet and sour peach flavored candy. I don't feel like it's good for me because it's so easy to sip down, but it is! It mixes easily and still tastes great in water. I like it so much that I bought 5 jugs of it. Obviously, I recommend the Natural Peach flavor to everyone.

In both cases, the powder is very strongly flavored and you might need to add a little more water to it than with other powders. 10 oz. per scoop works well for me. 8 oz. seemed too strong, and 12 oz. was too weak.

This is a pretty unique product and one that is well worth the cost if you want something 100% natural that tastes great with:

Nutrition Facts: Cals: 90, Fat: 0, Cholesteral: <5g, Carbs: 0, Protein: 23g
Ingredients: whey protein isolate, citric acid, natural flavors, stevia leaf extract, lo han fruit extract, lecithin, lycopene

More Info: Syntrax Nectar Naturals, 2.13 Lbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home